Sunday, August 28, 2011

Playing Catch up

Wow! talk about neglect and procrastination. Almost a year has past since I last visited my own blog. but then, I think I am the only one who actually reads it.

But then it has been a busy year with four more books released. I don't know, I have this thing about working on only one project at a time. I am working on two more and am already planning to participate in Nanowrimo again this year (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) Pssst. It's only 64 days away.

Thanks to Nano I wrote my first novel. I like it. I hope others will too.

It was a learning experience for me as I had never seriously considered writing fiction, much less a novel. But I've done both and learned that I could do it. Although there are similarities with writing fiction and non-fiction, the creative process is very different.

With non-fiction, you have a thesis, you research your subject and develop an outline and go to work. With fiction, you have an idea. Well, it's more than that. For me it was like I was recording the events and thoughts of my characters. They were telling me their story. I was the scribe.

My fiction writing friends tell me that sounds about right.

So check it out. You can even read a free e-book preview @ smashwords.com

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment