Friday, December 16, 2011

There Should have been at least a balloon...or something

With the click of a button, I sent my newest work out into the world to find its way. Allow me to introduce Xtreme Xianity - (https://www.createspace.com/3495933).

With each new title, I learn more and more about my craft and more importantly myself.
This particular project was born pretty much the same way any writer gets their ideas. I saw an extreme motocross competition and said, "I wonder if..."

Now I'm not saying that I only get ideas watching motorcycles flying through the air, but it started a chain of events that led to this current work. What if I were as committed to Jesus Christ as these athletes were? That is the question I set out to explore.

Xtreme Xianity also marks a milestone in my writing career. It is my tenth publication.

That's right, The big # 10. Is that a big number? I don't know. It feels like is should be a milestone, a marker on the journey I am currently undertaking. Yet, It felt like any other day. I got off work. Did a load of laundry. Practiced for our Sunday School program this weekend and went to choir practice that night. I came home and watch SG1 and fell asleep in the process. Lucky for my it is a DVD and I can re-watch it.

I suppose that is the downside of self-publishing: There is only one person who know there should be a celebration. There is no PR department of a big publishing house to throw a launch party for you.

I'm going to go out and by myself a balloon

2 comments:

  1. Among balloon animals, this relatively easy and simple balloon animal is great for beginners and novices and kids will love it.Balloon AnimalsThank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless the work of your hands, in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete