Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No, it is not me on the cover...

A few months ago I blogged about the release of book number ten; Xtreme Xianity. Well here is what it looks like.

Sometimes when you plan a project, it doesn't go exactly as expected. In keeping with my writing goals for 2011 I planned to write and publish this book in four months. It actually took 12.

Of course there was the obligatory pause mid way through writing it to give my mind a break from it. But as I worked on this book. I was surprised by how it affected me as I spent time studying the lives of people who made a difference for God.

I started to ask myself what I needed to do in order to make a difference for God. Did I need more faith, more commitment, more perseverance, more attitude.

I discovered the answer is yes. I need more commitment, commitment to carrying out God's plan and not my own. I need more faith instead of skepticism. I need more perseverance to not give up when the way looks hopeless. I need an attitude that reflects the decision to be totally sold out to God and not comfortable with the status quo.

The original idea came to me as I was watching an extreme motorcycle event. The question I asked myself at the time was, "What if I should the same commitment and dedication to God as these athletes do to their craft? How could I affect my world for God?"

I have to agree with Paul. I have not attained were I want to be, but I press on towards the goal; the high call of God in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. At least it's out there. Reminds of the old saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans." Life has a way of butting-in on the best laid plans.
    Peace and Blessings

    ReplyDelete