Thursday, November 17, 2011

My, How Time Flies.

well there are two goals reached this week:

The first is I am over the hump for National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo). I sailed over the halfway point only a day late. It's all downhill from here.

Well, not really, but getting to that point was a good feeling to say the least.

While in the midst of my personal journey through thirty days and nights of literary abandon, the proofs arrived for my newest book: Xtreme Xianity. It is so tempting to get off the nano roller coaster and start the editing of this book. I must admit, I did sit down with it and pulled out my red pen and went at it for a few pages.

As I was holding this book in my hands and fondly fondled the cover, I had to stop and think for a minute or two. I opened the inside page where I had all the notification stuff listed; copyright notice, no permission, ISBN and all that housekeeping stuff. There was also a list of my published works.

This book, when I finally give it that last bit of spit and polish and send it out into the world will mark my tenth book since I first published in 2006.

Wow... 10 books. That's a lot of words. I'm sure it calls for a celebration of some kind. But what does one do to mark this auspicious occasion? Do I set up a circuit of interviews with broadcasters? Nope. Do I sing happy anniversary or happy birthday? That doesn't sound quite right either. How about standing downtown yelling at the top of my lungs? Well, that will probably at the very least get me a ticket for disturbing the peace.

Perhaps after the rush of Nanowrimo has worn off, then I can sit back and further ponder about this particular milestone. Time flies when you're having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Tha is quite a milestone. Good for you! (And I'm holding my own in the naNo challenge as well!)

    ReplyDelete