Monday, April 12, 2010

Something new

How hard can it be to create a blog? Answer a few questions... click the mouse a few times and voila! There is the blog. Newly created, like a blank page in a typewriter, for those who remember what a typewriter is.

But after you create the blog, then comes the work. What do I call it? Do I want something that indicates it's a serious blog? Which no one will read? Or go with the lighthearted in an attempt to attract an audience and cover both serious things and not so serious things?

This shouldn't be this hard. After all I've written four books and even published one. And yet that task seemed easier than thinking up a name for this blog.

I thought about something that alliterates with dropout.. like dropout's droppings. That did not sound very appropriate. Like I was going to leave waste behind.

That left out dingleberries as well. Ewww! Maybe such a title would appeal to a 10-year old boy.

I got the suggestion Dingbats. Besides being a font in a lot of word processor applications, it didn't hold much appeal.

Then I though about Dropout's Doodles. Now that may work. Kinda catchy.

So with the help of a friend, i thought about snickerdoodles. I like snickerdoodles. They are a sweet, cinnamon flavored cookie. They are also crunchy and goes great with a glass of milk, hot chocolate, coffee or tea.

What does that have to do with writing? Absolutely nothing. Unless you like to eat and drink when you are typing.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, Steve - I love snickerdoodles, and the name in your CW sig definitely caught my attention. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete